Call for applications put out to USA Rugby membership and community for new and aspiring World Rugby Educators.
- USA Rugby is seeking outstanding candidates in the areas of rugby coaching, match officiating, strength and conditioning and medical services.
- Candidate search to focus on increasing the social diversity and geographic reach of the current educator workforce.
- Successful candidates to attend World Rugby Educator course in Atlanta, GA from March 10-12, 2023.
As the 2023 calendar year kicks off, USA Rugby is excited to expand the national Training & Education workforce with opportunities to develop new World Rugby certified Educators. USA Rugby is currently accepting applications for aspiring educators, with a focus on more socially diverse members and representation from regions not currently well served by local educators. Applications from candidates with rugby coaching and refereeing experience will be accepted through January 29, 2023.
The role of World Rugby Educator is responsible for teaching and facilitating World Rugby certified education courses including but not limited to Level 1 and Level 2 Coaching, Level 1 and Level 2 Refereeing, and Strength & Conditioning in each administrative region. While the most recent Educator intake in 2021 was conducted virtually, this new intake will be required to attend a 3-day course conducted by World Rugby in Atlanta, GA from March 10-12, 2023.
- Have appropriate rugby knowledge, skills and experience to deliver specific courses within your area of specialization including, coaching, match officiating, strength and conditioning or medical services (i.e. hold a minimum of World Rugby Level 2 or equivalent.)
- Have a passion for the development of rugby coaches, match officials, strength and conditioning coaches
- Experience presenting information to adult groups in an education capacity
- Be open minded, adaptable to change, welcoming of feedback and willing to self-reflect
A selection committee will be formed with representatives from the Youth & High School, College and Senior Club Councils, Referee & Laws Committee, USA Rugby National Office, USA Rugby Diversity Equity & Inclusion Committee, and Rugby Americas North to identify the best candidates. Notification to successful candidates will be delivered on Monday February 6th to allow over a month for travel arrangements to be made.