USA Rugby offers its members two forms of insurance: liability insurance and accident insurance. These insurance policies are aimed at providing USA Rugby members with peace of mind and protection. Below is a summary of the liability and accident insurance policies automatically provided to USA Rugby members.
*In order to receive insurance coverages, all members of a team or club must be registered with USA Rugby. The coach must be registered and current with certifications (L100, L200, background check and SafeSport) and the team must be compliant.
If you have questions about your insurance coverage, that the below information is unable to answer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Summary of Coverage // Certificate of Insurance Request (Below)
- Covers accident and bodily injury to third parties
- Reduces liability for registered members
- Enables members to use venues and facilities that require third party liability insurance coverage
- Covers rugby-related accidents for registered members at sanctioned events where all members of the team are registered, the coach is registered and current with certifications, background check and SafeSport certification completed, and the team is compliant and listed as 'current' within the USA Rugby registration platform. A tournament must be sanctioned by USA Rugby in order for an individual to utilize their accident coverage.
- Must be a registered member prior to time of injury
- This is secondary coverage, but will serve as primary coverage in the absence of other medical coverage.
- If you are a player, or parent to a player, registered to a Rookie Rugby, Youth or High School program, please contact Nate Dalena,email@example.com
- There must be an active and Level 200 certified coach on the roster
- There must be at least 15 registered members
- The club registration fee must be paid
**Allow 10 business days for any request. An expedite fee will be charged for any request that needs to be completed within less than 10 business days of the initial request.